Sunday, December 14, 2003



I admit i have this thing for war movies... i've just finished Band of Brothers on Channel 5... which is by far the best thing they've ever done for people like me... i just can't get enough of war movies... you name it, i've seen it... And everytime the show ends, i will confirmed be overwhelmed by the rush of patriotism surging through each and every nerve in my body. So much so I will make a dash to my wardrobe, pull out my beloved number 4 which has gone through thick and thin with me for 2 and a half years, dust it and take a looonng hard smell at it... aahhh it never felt fresher... okay i made up the last bit... hahaha... I lament the vocation which i was assigned during my NS days... not to discredit my unit but it was definitely not how i wanted to serve my NS. NS to me should be tough as shit, otherwise one don't need to bother serving NS cos' Singapore don't need no wussies running around... The government's not helping things either by giving a poor cover up for the recent issue regarding the 'white horse' status of people from the upper echelons of society. I would have signed on with the army if not for my eyesight, and tried to improve in my own little way the inadequacies and flaws of 'the system'... after all, in order to change, you need to be part of the change itself and all things will start from scratch... however ardous they might be... and maybe hope that in time to come, people can see what you have done for them...

To the men of 'Easy' company, i salute you...





No comments: