Friday, December 19, 2008

I can be so lucky... lucky lucky lucky!

Apparently, someone out there decided to make it up to me for all the years of luckless-ness with lucky draws & such.

It seems that I do have a penchant for winning some really smashin' prizes in the first year D&D of the company which I joined.

At Asahi, I still remembered winning the iPod video & $500 worth of shopping vouchers from takashimaya & robinson's, along with the envy of green-eyed colleagues.

Now in Canon, it looks like the winning ways still continue. Barely a month into the job, I had already won for myself the 8th prize - a 32" Hitachi LCD TV at the company's annual D&D held at Suntec Convention Centre.

The theme of the night was "Olympics fever" & it was simple enough for me to just wear my sunday soccer attire. No need to spend unnecessary money on renting costumes. Being relatively new & considering the fact I was placed in a table with so many unfamiliar faces, I got lost & uninterested naturally. I swear to God I had so wanted to go off halfway and meet the gf, but something... something just made me glue my ass to the seat & wait for the lucky draw.

Needless to say, the wait was well worth it. I left home a very happy man... and a spanking new LCD TV. :D

No comments: