Tuesday, May 27, 2003



My good friend of 13 years (and counting), Koh Chink Egg invited us to steamboat buffet at Bugis on his birthday. It was located along the dusty old streets opposite Parco Bugis Junction in a rather tackily designed environment. Actually, Chink Egg wanted it to be at Novena Square but who in the right frame of mind would want to go there?!? I mean it's better to be safe than sorry so the night before, a few of us took the pain to locate this particular restaurant that was featured in Channel U's "Happy Rules". And when we finally found it, we were confronted by a Hongkie cantonese talkin' lady (presumably the "see tau por") but fear not! I'm here to save the day... armed with limited cantonese knowledge i struggled to communicate to her that i need a booking for tomorrow evening and managed to get my message across after much difficulty... but not without laughter from my brudders who took the opportunity to learn some from me after the incident... hahaha... Food there was not too bad and price was quite affordable. I give it a 7/10 overall.





No comments: