Friday, June 27, 2003

Went to this really swanky restaurant in Fullerton Hotel yesterday with the whole family… was having second thoughts as I was wearing burmudas so too was my mum…haha…somemore the place so posh that the price for dining in must be even “poshier” too… but my sis insisted on going in anyway cos she’s the one giving the treat… as we stepped in, we immediately found ourselves at ease when we saw some tourists dressing sloppily too… phew! But I still find it uneasy getting up every now and then to help myself to the buffet servings though… I mean, for all the grandeur of the place, you find people ( typical Singaporeans ) dressing as though they are going to the wet market ( I’m referring to myself… haha ) Strangely enough the staff did not cast me the dirty look … maybe its because there’s no particular dress code? In any case, there won’t be a next time …if even the restaurant declares everything I eat is on the house… hahaha… Mum if you’re looking at this… don’t kill me please… hahaha… cos I’m gonna tell the whole world what you said on that night… ok here it goes… *sniggles*
The waiter was asking my mum “ Mam’, coffee or tea? “ My mum, for the love of God, and the heartlander auntie she always will be, replied “ Teh Si “ WAHAHAHAHAHAHA... our table erupted into laughter immediately... wah piang eh... high crass restoran leh ... hahaha... my dad added in “ eh ee mmph see kopi kia leh... “ ( loosely translated he’s not a coffee boy in Hokkien ) I tell you people... damn funny man...I’m still laughing away like mad as I’m typing this... hahaha... but on a more serious note, they seldom have the chance to come to this kind of posh place cos they have been slogging their entire lives providing for our needs ... to that, I thank them for what I have today... love you two always...



No comments: