Monday, June 18, 2007

Interesting India

Taken during the sweltering heatwave in Delhi. 43 friggin' degrees celsius!!! Limpeh once get inside the car is ask driver to full blast the aircon! You repeat this process ten of times in one day, and what you get is... BLOOD IN YOUR MUCUS WHEN YOU SNEEZE!!! OMFG! *Faints*

The India gate - A monument to the war dead. It's located close to where the different government ministries are in New Delhi.

Fancy a dip, anyone? Hehehe...

Very common sight in India when the traffic stops. So lock yer doors, for your own safety. It never pays to be too kind to beggars.
Somehow, I'm fixated to my boss's nose in the picture above... hurhurhur...

I'm starting to appreciate Indian culture & society more, as I try to understand what makes this country the way she is today. It certainly helped that I was a history buff. Nevermind that people say India is a run-down country and underdeveloped, and that there's always a funny smell that lingers in the air. I, for one, certainly wouldn't mind at all. Throw me into the depths, I will show you I can make it! 5.5hrs of flight time will be worth every minute. In fact, I look forward every business trip to India with great relish and anticipation. Everytime I go, I learn something new - things that would enable me to become a more knowledgeable person, and eventually a more effective salesman.

If I have the time, I'll try to pick up a book on the great Indian diaspora... (yeah, right)

And Oh! I met the Taiwan politician Ma Ying Jeou on the way back from Delhi to Singapore. He was on the same overnight flight as me! Only difference is: he sit business class and I sit economy. But still, its not everyday that you get to sit on the same plane with someone famous! Hehe...

No comments: