Saturday, February 23, 2008

Money can buy you love?

Why is it when everytime people talk about my pay, she must compare me with other people?

Am I not earning a decent salary, albeit lower than others?

Am I not actively searching for a new job, albeit giving up what I do well to start all over again, just because I want to settle down with her faster?

Am I not doing all this for her? If not, who else?

How do you judge whether a person is always on a road to self progression?

How do you judge whether how successful a person is?

And finally, how do you judge love?

By how much you earn.

Yes ladies & gentlemen, the cold hard truth is out.

Die-hard romantics do not have a place in today's society.

At times like this, I just wanna take my bike on a loonnngg ride to nowhere. Just me & my trusty honda-kun.

So there you go, it's a materialistic world out there & if J.Lo is saying love don't cost a thing... she can suck my chocolate salty balls man!!! It costs everything!!!

1 comment:

bob said...

harlow by dear brudder! long time no visit your blog. Good to find you still enthusiastically blogging instead of surfing i-like-movie.com. Hahahaha..

Seems like your mood don't sound very sexy now. Cheer up buddy. Love is something priceless that a lot of us only realise when we konk off to an uncertain place called heaven or hell. We don't wanna be one of those poor blokes don't we? Kind of worrying when you are calling your bike names now.

Honestly, my humble opinion is no matter how much we try to depict love as a selfless entity, it is not. Deep down, we still want that something in return. What that thing is belongs to perspective. A balanced perspective may sometimes be the most healthy when we practive cognitive dissonance...keep telling ourselves that there is no perfect dream babe out there. Guess it boils down to how much pain you can take and how much the return in favour you'd expect materialises. Case in point is - your world has a part of it that needs to belong to yourself and nobody else.

My account director told me money comes when you become the fucking best at what you are doing. I kind of agree to that. The job is the key, not the money itself. Tomorrow is the means and today is the end. However, its good motivation to have someone pushing you from behind, given that its a job thats well-defined by yourself. Let's have a cup of teh-oh peng when I'm back. Meanwhile, cheer up!

I'm gonna say something very gay here: Miss you guys...its fucking cold and boring here at times.