Monday, March 31, 2008

My Trusty Honda Died On Me Today

The ride to makan place after every soccer session on sunday mornings started off bad enough. I was riding straight into the storm clouds gathering at furious pace as I entered into the TPE-SLE from Pasir Ris.

The sky began to open up which started off with trickles at first before suddenly turning into peltering raindrops. I had to seek the comfort of shelter under the overhead bridge at Bedok North Flyover when I cannot take the rain any longer.

Already half soaking wet, I got down from my bike & waited for the rain to stop. It was a good 20mins wait and my dear friends already started having hot steamy chicken rice at Katong mall. Upon seeing the rain lighten up, I tried to start my bike and voila! Crank, sputter and died! The ignition just won't start! Siao liao, must be the battery flat. I should have heed the warning signs few weeks back earlier. I figured I must have spent about 10min trying to revive the bike, but to no avail. The other bikers who were stranded together with me left one by one. So no choice, I called the guys up to inform that my bike died on me and I can't join them for lunch already. So after that, I called "Bikebulance" - a towing service. Lucky I saved the number just in case. So it came in handy afterall. Hehe.

I was quoted S$35 for tow services which I reluctantly had to accept after I tried calling up other biker friends for alternatives, but to no success. The guy who picked up the call told me to wait another half an hour.

Wah sipeh sian, stuck on PIE in the cold shivering rain, stomach hungry and almost wanted to faint already. I called the gf to let her know also, and chat with her to kill time. I also called the guys up to ask them to ta-pao some chicken rice for me and wait together with me until the bikebulance comes. So nobody gave a shit about me. So damn sad, my dear friends then entertained me for a few minutes talking crap. Deep inside, I really hope someone would come to accompany me and maybe ta-pao that very nice chicken rice for me. Seems that I was asking too much. Hahaha...

Anyways, long story cut short. Bikebulance came, loaded my bike & off we go to the only (?) bike shop that was open on sundays. There, I had my battery replaced for S$70 before I hopped onto my revived bike to look for food. It was almost 3:30pm. Hungry like a wolf man. Gobbled up everything before heading home for a nice shower!

Here are some pictures below... I thought it was pretty funny to see me "carrying" the bike, and not the other way round!

No comments: