Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Happy birthday dad!

Happy 57th birthday dad!!!

His rapidly graying hair, to me it tells of how time flies.
The past it is better forgotten, for I only remember the positive.
At times, he is like a child stuck in an adult's body, which I think I kinda inherited his traits.

Sometimes stubborn, most of the time naggy, but always looking after his brood (us damn kids) well. But to a point it spoilt my sister, and made her the way she is today.

The immature young adult who always left her basic mannerism at home, and quite the social retard I make her out to be. But I can only hope miracles happen, the way pigs can one day fly...

In no way I wanna make this post damn depressing, it was just a reflectance of the upbringing we had under our parents. We owe everything to them, and I for one, cannot stress more about filial piety.

Now that we're working, and they are semi retired, it doesn't hurt one bit to spend a bit lavishly for such an occasion. We had dinner at Crystal Jade @ Vivocity & damn did my eyes bulge when I received the bill! Lucky got my elder sis, Pris to share with me. Hahaha! You wouldn't wanna know the amount, but let's just put it as more than S$500. *gulps*

Anyways, I'm guessing his birthday wish is to strike 4D & TOTO (as with every other year... duh), so let's hope he gets lucky!!!

No comments: