Sunday, April 24, 2005

MY BLOOD IS BOILING and MY NERVES ARE BURSTING

Oh My F***ing God... how shallow and naive can people get. I'm LIVID. I really am. First of all, I have to apologize again. This post is about, what else, religion again. Gracie, I'm sorry I wanted to hold back because I know you are going through a rough patch recently but I just can't. I had to post it because it struck a personal raw nerve with me. Its not directed at you or anything so please take no offence.

I was reading her blog when I saw this comment left behind by this guy sean: "wah new blog! try to get over it..i know you luv him but he's not even a christian lor" (take note of the "lor") I personally bloody take offence at this statement; the nonchalantlessness of it all and the ease he brushes aside non-christians like ME and the majority of the human population on planet earth. Why? Because I was in the same situation as Gracie. I had grown to like this girl who was also a Christian. Did I know she was one before I started chasing her? YES. Did it discourage me from even trying? NO. Why? Because I have the conviction that the relationship will work out if YOU BELIEVED IN IT, no matter how hard it is. To say that religion will not come into the picture is to lie through the skin of my teeth. I admit, there WILL BE conflicts. But if 2 parties believed it can be overcome, NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE, just as long as you have the BELIEF. In fact, there ARE couples who have tied the knots despite the difference in the respective faiths they followed. How? For a simple reason: they WANT to make things work out and not be bound by the hands of religion. We are not slaves to religion and the reverse is true. As much as some people can argue that is not true, at least it is what I believed in. Religions are just avenues of reaching God, if there ever is one. Who cares what path you choose? As long you respect that your neighbour has every right to breathe the same air as you and you live life the way it befits a humane person. Obviously not the case for someone we know here. Sheesh...

He then goes on to finish off his words without batting an eyelid: "be sure to focus on what God would want u to have and be. u deserve more gracie." To me its like shooting at a dead man and then spitting on his lifeless face. HOW COULD ANYONE TAKE THIS LYING DOWN??! in particularly that last line: "u deserve more gracie." To me that's the ultimate insult any christian can tell me after "if you don't believe in christ, you can go to hell now. Yes I mean now. Start praying for your worthless wretched soul."

If God has eyes, I pray you will be the first to burn in hell. I think you deserve your place there more than anyone else. I really mean it. Go reflect your existence in life.

1 comment:

gracie said...

wow! never known that the tagbox message in my blog really invoked so much emotions in you. i'm sorry that it reminded you of your own experiences.

well, i know how what you mean. and yes, i do agree with you that if 2 really love each other so much and willing to work out differences, they can be lovingly together. i wish that had happened in my re.ship with my ex-bf, but... *sigh* how i wish my ex could understand the point you made!~