Saturday, February 25, 2006

OASIS IN THE FLESH

Listening to OASIS live in a rock concert is very much different from hearing them on the CD player. My first rock concert at the Singapore Indoor stadium was quite an experience, albeit a short one. It was only like friggin' one and a half hours worth of songs from the band I used to listen to back in the 90s during secondary school.

I had dressed up like a 16yr old, and I certainly felt like one, especially with the exhilaration of going to my first concert ever. Trucker cap, black tee and my levi's engineered jeans. Hahaha, actually look more like a mud eh? I was expecting wild and crazy things to happen in a rock concert, things like wild screaming and body surfing - commonplace in concerts held in angmoh countries. It did happen here though, to the feverish crowd in the mosh pit right at the front. And when I attempted to bodysurf, apparently no one in the crowd was game enough. LOL. Nah, I was kidding. I think they would siam first when my body comes a-surfing their way. Hehehe.

Oasis weren't that enthusiastic that night. Perhaps the crowd wasn't really that worked up compared to those in angmoh countries. And I think they certainly weren't that fazed by the mediocre crowd turnout here as they are used to playing in front of tens of thousands back home. It also didn't help Liam was his usual arrogant bo-chup self. But it screams attitude lah, my teenage idol k? haha.

So it was a consolation that they played what were arguably their best songs: Wonderwall, Champagne supernova and Don't look back in anger, or else I would have felt pissed off, given the short duration of the concert. I repeat, crowd pleasers songs are a MUST, even though they have played the songs to death.

Have a nice weekend ahead.

No comments: