Thursday, April 13, 2006

Champions League Finals 2005



Still gives me goosebumps everytime I see this clip.
It has got to be the most amazing game ever, not to mention the mother of all comebacks. When a game like this is being played with such passion and conviction, it can reduce a grown up to a nervous wreck, like me back then when I was watching the game.

"You don't come all the way only to fall at the last hurdle." That was what I believe in, and that was what the Liverpool team thought too after being 3-0 down at half time. While lesser teams would have just caved in psychologically, Liverpool didn't. To me, that was the hallmark of a true winner.

It is my dream to be able to embark on a pilgrimage to the holy land in Anfield. To be able to touch and feel the turf grass which my heroes toil on throughout the years, and to soak up the fervour that engulfs the stadium, singing the theme song "You'll never walk alone" with fellow Kopites. Man, that would be plain awesome.

When will that day come soon enough for me... ...

No comments: