Sunday, April 09, 2006

The weekend gone by...

Now I know why they hired me for this job... because I look like a Japanese?!!!

What.the.fark? LOL.

Skipped soccer today to go for the qing ming festival. It has been 2 years since I last went to pay my respects to my ancestors, so I think it was high time. This time I was the appointed driver because my auntie say she not very zai with the congested road situation there. Well, she's definitely got the right guy in me! but damn! I cannot sleep in the car like previous years liao.

Anyway, we were supposed to get up around 4+ but ended up setting off only at around 6 becos of the downpour. The sun was already beating down on us when we reached the cemetery but the cool breeze whistling by continuously provided much relief. After we're done touching up the tombstones and laying out offerings to my great grandfather and great grandma, we proceed to the kwong meng san columbarium next to visit my grandfather and an auntie of mine.

Walking down the aisles and the rows of altars for the dead, I can't help but notice the faces and how some of them died so young while in their prime. I also bumped into the altar for the little girl that was thrown down by the ex-air stewardess, and the unfortunate female navy personnel which perished in a collision and whose body was never found.

Ah, how fragile life can be... ...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maybe you look like those humsup middle-aged Japanese men.... hahahaha! Just kidding =P

- Yanming

Khoo Kah Kiat alias K3 said...

I hAtEcH eUu yAnMiNGzz!!!