Sunday, October 08, 2006

Bike road trip JB Sat 7th OCT '06

Freakin' shagged, been riding from 7:30am in the morning till I reached home at about 10:30pm. More than 12 hours man!!!

For this trip, we covered JB in Malaysia. All the way up to Batu Pahat, while visiting Pulai and Pontian, riding along the western coast of Malaysia.

First stop at the Pulai waterfall, I already kenna accident. Bakero! Can't blame me, first time go touring... somemore is ride up the hills and when I had to stop on a slope, I made the mistake of turning my handlebar. Combined with the laws of gravity, my bike toppled on her left and luckily, it didn't crush my legs. Only God knows how my legs were saved. I escaped with a few grazes on my ankle and some impact I think, cos' my legs were feeling abit weird. Damn, what a noob I am... I will learn from this mistake!

Waterfall!

Thanks to Lawrence and gang, who quickly rushed to my aid. They helped me push my bike up, and managed to start my bike after a while because of the spilled petrol. My bike was also lucky to escape with a few scratches despite hitting the tarmac. Just some on the left side mirror, handle bar balancer and of cos', the crash bar, which prevented some major damage to the engine. But being the perfectionist that I am, I will definitely wanna have them replaced or at least touched-up.

Then we had lunch at a coffee shop in Pontian (?). Food was not bad, and it was like dirt cheap. Regret I never ate more, cos later have to eat the sucky A&W in JB for dinner. After eating at A&W's, I finally understand why they don't have any more outlets in Singapore. LMAO!!! In anycase, it was because I'm sooo hungry that's why I gobbled them all up.

Next up, was a looong ride to Batu Pahat, where we decided to drop by the damn lok cok Wet World. There wasn't a single soul there except for the keepers of the place. We bought some drinks to replenish ourselves, took a short rest before deciding on our next course of action.

The riders taking time out

We also visited some hotspring in JB. Nothing much to shout about that place. Looks pretty run-down and is patronised by few people, mostly from nearby kampungs I think. Along the way, we witnessed the aftermath of a deadly car collision. Shattered glass everywhere along with keropoks that were meant for the festive season; the car was crushed beyond recognition and the lorry lying in the drain was only slightly damaged. Most sickening sight, I reckon.

The guys enjoying the hotspring...

By this time, we had covered almost 300km worth of road. The journey home via the North South highway was pretty smooth once we turned out from the busy towns. For the first time, I'm able to whack my bike to its max capacity... well, close to it anyways. I went up to 175km/h on my speedo, almost clearing the meter. The roar of the engine and the onrushing windblast made the ride almost orgasmic, save for the loud noise generated inside the helmet. Which is a lucky thing I wore my full face nolan, cos' I suppose it helped buffers the noise by a good measure.

I finally reached home at about 10:30pm. At this time I was almost half dead; my legs were aching, my hands trembling from clutching in/throttling and my head was throbbing from wearing the helmet for so bleedy long. But it was fun nevertheless. I'm already looking forward to the next trip.

Till the next time!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Got more pics?? =D Looks really interesting and fun huh!