Sunday, October 29, 2006

Damai Pri Sch - The Reunion

So the day has finally come. It was to be the day of the reunion... for the folks that used to study in Damai Primary School at Bedok Reservoir Road. Me, being the organizer for this event, had to do a bit of homework and preparation work to make sure everything went smoothly.

Initially, I had managed to get about 10 people who's confirmed attending. But in the end, only a grand total of 7 turned up. 3 had flown me aeroplane, but its OK. I believe more people will try to make it the next time round. Maybe they really had something on, I hope. =D

We met at city hall MRT control station, then proceed to have dinner at Marche Suntec - the only place I could think of to accomodate the expected crowd of 10 people. LOL. Did I tell you how much I hated the food at Marche? It was decent at best, but the concept and layout of the restaurant makes for an ideal gathering place. So I had to settle for them, unless I can find an alternative or somebody has a suggestion on a nice cosy place big enough to accomodate a bigger turnout next time.

Anyway most important thing is not the food, but about the catching up of yester years. Like how much everybody has changed in terms of looks or personality, schools they went to after PSLE before finally ending up with the company they're working for now. Of course we also progress beyond the usual boring questions and brought back memories of the things we used to do in primary school, and incidents that made us laugh. From teachers to 'outstanding' individuals, we didn't hold back on the stories each of us had to tell, and it was an encouraging sign that everyone had more things in common than I thought previously. Thus, it didn't turn out that awkwardly.

We also recalled all the names that we could think of, and wrote them down on a notebook, along with details on how this particular person could be reached for the next gathering. We are expecting a better turnout and this inaugural meeting is just a stepping stone for bigger things to come.

Lastly, a parting shot for the peeps who turned up!

The rose among the thorns...

From left: Sherwin, Junzhong, James (Malau), Jingyu, Zhennan, Jianhe, ME!

I know it looks damn pathetic for a "reunion" - but trust me, its gonna get better... and BIGGER!

No comments: