Saturday, November 08, 2003

The morning after exams ended... damn it feels good... suddenly there seems to be a spring in my steps... haha... spend the earlier part of the day playing soccer at NUS... it's been a while since we last played together and it sure felt damn shiok... As i could see, most of us seems to be getting heavier around the waist after all the cram, eat and sleep exam lifestyle... time to keep in shape again... especially since my IPPT window opens next feb... but it's cool for me, you know... Its not as if i only train specifically for the occasion... i do my rounds religiously week in week out... so it's not a big deal...

And yeah... I finally registered for my motorbike theory lesson at Ubi driving centre, after all the procrastination in recent years... my mind was stuck between wanting to prolong my sad existence and seeking the convenience and freedom to go anywhere on my bike... it was only after a friend casually brought up the matter that i decided to give it another thought... Cost savings... well i haven't really done a detailed analysis yet but i suppose in the long run everything will even out... after all i'm spending close to $4 on public transport for a 2 way trip to and from school almost every other day and it obviously make sense to get my own transport and not having to compete with people for space on the bus and train... i'm someone who craves breathing space more than anything else... i hate to jostle with people and ending up having to smell someone's armpit if you know what i meant... With my own bike, i can go anywhere as and when i feel like it... hmmm... sounds freaking fun... come to think of it...

What about the issue on safety? Don't the accidents involving motorcyclists scare me one bit? Of cos' it freakin' scares me... given some deep thought on this matter.... should anything untowards happen to me... i may not have the chance to fulfill the role of a son to my parents... i'm so damn selfish in risking it all here... BUT i believe i am a responsible driver and will answer for my every actions... Hell... it's too early to say... i might not even afford to buy the bike i want, would only consider riding a scooter unless really no choice... haha... my mum's cool on me learning bike but there's abit of an objection from dad... for goodness sake i'm already 22 going on 23... Whatever it might be, you only live once, for me i am the sort who will try everything and anything (err... surely there'll be a few notable exceptions) at least once in my lifetime so that one day you can sit back on your favourite chair and tell the stories to your children, grandchildren, great grandchildren over and over again... sweet... it's time to live my life... what's yours?





No comments: