Tuesday, September 14, 2004

All dogs go to heaven, at least that's where I believe bobby is right now... poor bobby never got the chance to come inside the house cos' my dad don't like dogs... and he was sometimes at the receiving end of my dad's outbursts because of the incessant barking... not exactly the pampered pooch you see in paris hilton's chihuahua... he really led a dog's life... however gloomy the days might appear to bobby, there's always the few bright sparks in his life... namely me and my elder sister who has since married and NOT the evil younger biatch sister of mine... God knows what the color of her heart is... I believed the cuddles and walks around the neighbourhood meant a lot to bobby who was chained up most of the time... you could almost hear he was yelping in joy whenever we brought him out... And as with all living things, there comes a time when he has got to go where he needs to go... for a loong rest... bobby deserves nothing less... he had survived an operation where vets gave him a slim chance of pulling through and later when he had to go through another operation to stem the rot on his skin, we decided enough was enough... we couldn't bear to watch bobby suffer in pain anymore... he was put to sleep much to the heartbreak of me and my elder sister especially... perhaps I was still quite ignorant at that time but it dealt my sister a heavy blow who singlehandledly cared for bobby's everyday needs...

Come to think of it, it has been around 10 years since his demise, but I still look back with fondness the days with bobby around and some of my buddies who have been to my house can attest to, like how I had to swing out the metal grill for malau to climb and then swing in from the outside... hilarious cos' they had to get past the ferocious bobby who was guarding the front door...

So, everytime you visit my blog, take some time to play with the virtual dog whom I have affectionally named 'bobby' as a way of remembrance... Plus, the dog's so cute... All together now... "Awww..." Move your cursor around him, feed him, hear him bark all you want... Every dog needs a little tender loving care...

No comments: