Monday, September 27, 2004

Don't pray pray ok? I didn't DIE at the 21km Army Half Marathon, contrary to what some people out there might think... wahahaha... I completed in a respectable time of 2 hr 30 mins, taking into consideration I started late about 10 mins because I went to relieve myself and that my legs cramped up at the final 2 km... I could have finished in about 2 hours flat... and that will be my goal in next year's competition.

Such is the power of the human mind... if you somehow managed to force it into believing it is all possible, then most likely you're gonna achieve it (with plenty of grit and determination of cos'). Hey, ain't no easy feat man... run from esplanade to east coast, then back again via kallang en route to padang... come, who wanna try next year can jio me... *proud look* I see it as a personal achievement so that explains why I feel so proud of myself right now... hehehe...

Anyway, although the run was strenous, it was filled with funny sights along the way... i'm talking about the various water points set up by the various formations in the SAF... Let me see ah, we've got one smily idiot dressed up in a claymore mine(?!) suit, characters from Little Mermaid (think: Crab, prawns and turtles), as well as *gulp* pom pom boys in ridiculous oufits... wahahahaha... and ah, if you would have guessed by now, these people are the chao keng kias in the SAF... PES C, D, E, F... people who would do anything, I mean ANYTHING to get out of situations that requires them to move their fat and lazy asses... and that speaks volume about their mental strength as well... These are also the very people that you find familiar on that visit of yours to the CMPB when you had your medical checkup a few years back... same pattern one I tell you!!!

So whats the price to pay for all the efforts I've put in? Stiff joints, muscle aches everywhere... walking is difficult man... not to mention climbing stairs... but lucky i can still ride my phantom... pehhhpeeehhhpeeehhhhhh.... hehehe...

5 comments:

gracie said...

hey Jiajie!
whoaaa, so coollll!! 21km is a long long way man! all my salutes go to you man! you must be aching all over now....does your bum hurt? haha, if it does, you have big trouble sitting down?! ouch!~ that will be really bad. anyway, take care!!

when are you flying over to melb eh? tell me so that i can meet up with you! my exams end on the 25th of Oct, so i'll be pretty free by then!! seeya soon!

grasssiee

Khoo Kah Kiat alias K3 said...

wahaha.. thanks for the compliments gracie... i'm fighting fit once more... thanks to salonpas muscle ache relief spray! miracle mist i tell you...

Khoo Kah Kiat alias K3 said...

Btw i'll be in melb from 12th nov to 2nd dec for my study trip... will ask you to be my tour guide if there's a need to... hahaha... more details to come once my exams finish end oct... till then!

Anonymous said...

aye? army talk....

*jo tries to read*

*drifts off*

Khoo Kah Kiat alias K3 said...

damnit jo... it aint abt the army man... its abt the triumph of the fat boy's journey to prove himself to other pple!!! wahahaha...