Wednesday, September 01, 2004

WOMAD 2004 SINGAPORE, Fort Canning
Sat 28th August 2004


Striking a pose in front of the stage after the crowd has dispersed...

The saturday afternoon was spent doing assignments in school... boorrinng... but things got more interesting come evening, where I'm headed to Fort Canning for the WOMAD festival 2004 with my budds, Jz, bob and his gf... I parked my beloved phantom at Jz's house and took his car to town cos' it just don't make any sense not to sit in an air conditioned car while negotiating down the busy roads in the city area... especially with all the fumes coming out of the exhausts... and stinking your clothes!!!!

We got down to carrefour and bought much shit to share while sitting down to enjoy the music... So there we were sprawled out on the green on an army ground sheet and having a picnic of sorts... This was the first time I attended a 'live' performance proper and I must say the atmosphere and the energy of the whole place was stirring... music was ok, to be frank, maybe I came on a wrong day... just not my type lah, save for Zap Mama, this singing african trio from brussels... they really work the crowd up consisting mainly of ang moh expatriates and their ahem! fast maturing and well endowed 'kids'... hahaha... awesommee...

I also met Zhaoru, Jamie, Charlene and Kennie - my school mates from SIM working as barmaids at the WOMAD festival... Me thinks theirs a pretty cool way to kill the weekends, earn some money and at the same time, enjoy the music!!! wicked, aiighht...

I had a greeatt time there and it certainly won't be the last time for me...

WOMAD 2005 here i come!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

pooey! i've missed 2 womads in a row! i hate being away! anyways the best one i reckon was when asian dub fountation was there, maybe urmm 4 years ago? wowwwwhee!

oh, i heard about the meeting the bf in school thing *winks* sorry if he stared, he is a very rude little boy.

jo

Khoo Kah Kiat alias K3 said...

yeah that was soooo rude... believe me, i almost challenged him:" tiao simi tiao??!" my alter ego resurfaced and i was about to clench my fist in preparation for a fight when i suddenly realised he's yer boyfriend... ahahaha...

Anonymous said...

awww sorry, he was wondering who you were, but couldn't remember you see. he thought you must be from the army, which trust me, evokes very nasty memories for him, hence the stares =p

and you posted in chinese, god i don't think i cam read in chinese anymore, how?

Khoo Kah Kiat alias K3 said...

errmm... take chinese lessons from me when you get back to singapore the next time round? hehehe...