Wednesday, November 24, 2004

THE SUN RISES EARLY IN MELBOURNE

Sunrise really occurs around 5 am every day during spring in melbourne, and most of the shops don't open for business until 10 at least... but they close for the day at 6pm latest from mondays to thursday! What the...?? Luckily for me, the convenience store opens 24/7 and I could grab a snack late at night if I happen to have the craving for it. But there's a price to pay lah, pun intended here... cos' most of the amenities sell much pricier than supermarkets, which is about the only place in Melbourne you can get stuffs cheaper elsewhere.

To be honest, there's nothing much that lives up to the tag the city earns as the most liveable place in the world today, except for the weather. It has been a cooling 20 degrees celsius average in the day time so you can walk all around the city for hours and not even break into a single drop of sweat. Neat eh? Not like Singapore... you try walking down to the mama shop downstairs and you will most probably get drenched... wahaha... Here in melbourne, I can go jogging for miles and not sweat as much as you would in Singapore. Even then, the sweat will most probably be dried up in minutes.

Anyway, jogging in melbourne rocks, but the climate needs some adjustment to because the air is really cold here in the mornings. Speaking of which, I nearly coughed my lungs out that day I went jogging alone to the outskirts of the city. It was a nice experience to run in a foreign land and knowing you could just cast everything aside and run to your heart's content... No time constraint and nothing to worry about... Just breath the air, enjoy the run and bask in the sights melbourne has to offer. It really lifts up your spirit amidst the dourness of city life.

And how could I miss the chance to play soccer in this wonderful weather and on top of it, a great hockey turf pitch at the university of melbourne? And just you all might wanna know, the sun doesn't set until 0830pm!! The bunch of us played straight after class ended at 0430pm and didn't leave till the sky turned a soothing lavender and soon after which the sun finally setting down on us. It was awesome man... I can't wait to go back there again playing soccer in my long sleeve nike t-shirt... I think I looked like I was playing in the english premier league... hehe... Imagine the look I got from some of my newly acquainted classmates on the streets who, 15 minutes ago, saw me still in my windbreaker and jeans... was really funny aiight to see another side of me...

Oh yeah, I'm still organizing the pictures from my trips in this photo hosting website. When I'm done with it, I will post the url link on my blog for you guys to see... But, it most probably won't be anytime soon cos' there are tonnes of pictures to be posted. Rest assured though, you will have more than what you bargained for, so... there you go, I believe that just like the good things in life, it IS always worth the wait...

No comments: