Saturday, December 11, 2004

GREETINGS FROM GOLD COAST, SURFER'S PARADISE

I can't believe it, I've spent more than a month outside of home and I'm not shy to admit I really miss home. Not that I'm being whiny and all but I really miss my parents, my friends and all things familiar to Singapore. Its fun here at surfer's paradise, being a beach bum and going shopping at factory outlets with my friends and not buying a single thing. Yeah, the worst part is having to pay $10 taxi fare just to get there, and I had nothing to show for! Haha... but really not worth it man, most of the stuffs are either oversized for us asians, outdated in design or really just expensive if you were to convert back to singapore dollars. So, unlike some of friends who engage in foolhardy acts and impulse buying, I made the right choice in not buying anything, though the taxi fare I paid for still struck a sour note with me, hehe...

Anyway, I feel kinda funny right now, don't know how to explain... somehow I don't seem to enjoy the trip as much as I want to. Even though I'm at gold coast right now, my heart seems to be somewhere else *sigh*

To my dear friends who are still reading my blog, I'm still alive loh... just that now my tummy's grown smaller (no bluff you ok!), fitter from the weekly jogs, tanner and I think I look a bit like gu tian le now... wahaha... No worries peeps, plenty of souvenirs for you... not the cheap cheap koala clip ons and australian made keychains loh, its stuffs you can't find in singapore one leh... I think so... I wonder why everyone who visits australia sure must buy macadamia nuts and nougats... boring man... I shall try to be different... hahaha... anyway, my time at the internet cafe is almost running out... I'll see you guys in singapore soon on the 16th dec... ciao!

No comments: