Monday, December 20, 2004

SINGAPORE IS SO DARN BORING!!!!!!!!

Went out with jo, lam, yang and kwang today. As I was walking amidst the sea of people at tampines mall, I found myself not getting used to seeing so many asian people around me. Hahaha... definitely still suffering a hangover from the aussie trip. After dinner at ajisen ramen (yah, I specifically banned them from eating any form of fast food), we sat for quite a while pondering on what to do next. Fifteen minutes later, we were still there, still thinking of where to go and what to do. Then we left to walk aimlessly around the shopping mall before deciding to play pool... what's new? hahaha...

But before you jump to any conclusion, let me just say this: I don't have a problem with these people, in fact if you ask me, I'm more than happy to sit down at somewhere nice and quiet and enjoy their company. For me, more than anything else, is to be able to strike a rapport or chemistry with the people you hang out with. Anything else that we do is secondary. That is why I especially like hanging out with my closely knitted group of buddies whom wasted no time in asking me out for supper just now, and who can pretty much engage in any form of banter till the cow comes home anytime, anywhere. And yeah, pippin' hot pratas washed down with teh tarik helps too... hehe...

Umm... I think I've gone off topic for a while there. As I was saying, the social life of the typical singaporean has grown (or always is?) so predictable that you can practically read them off from a book. Everytime I go out with people, its always the same scenario happening. "Eh, what to do next huh?" rolls out of our tongue as if it was from a memorized script. Not that it irritates me because it's the usual singaporean way of life and we can't do anything about it (can we?), but there is definitely something wrong here. Why can't things be a little bit more exciting?

My trip to australia has given me a whole new perspective on how people spend their weekends. People actively engage in sports from rock climbing (on real mountains) and hiking to wakeboarding, compared to Singaporeans who count window shopping and movies as their favourite pastime (which I don't oppose violently to... haha... ). For example, if you live in Sydney, you can explore the vast blue mountains and could even embark on hikes and camping trips. Granted that Singapore doesn't have any natural settings to the scale of the blue mountains ( you might say: "Bukit timah not mountain meh??!" I knock your bloody head, it's a goddamn MOUND! not even considered a hill! ) but there are little pockets of untamed wilderness as well as plenty of unexplored places out there where people can go to. Its just that people do not want to make the effort to go out of their shell and do things that bring a fresh new change from their routinised lives. I admit, I'm guilty of it too, but too bad there's no someone to do it with me... *shrugs shoulder* So, there you go...

My idea of doing something different would be to go to every corner of singapore to explore almost about anything, preferably with someone lah... *wink wink* you get my drift... haha... As much as I crave freedom to do as I please, I believe there should be somebody to share your joy with because ultimately, that someone is meant for that somebody. Err... makes sense? Yes? No? nevermind... hehe...

Now, I'm not suggesting that you do those physically demanding stuffs I've mentioned above, but it will be good to add more spice in your life by trying out new stuffs. For me, maybe sunday after every soccer session we can go hang out on sunset bay (we tried that before, by the way) or roller blade at east coast park? I don't know if I'll like it, but I can try, can I?

It's 6am now and the sun will be rising pretty soon. Maybe I'll go for a early morning jog around the reservoir? hahaha... kee siao you might say? Possibly... ...

I shall leave you with this:

"When was the last time you did something for the first time?"

6 comments:

Khoo Kah Kiat alias K3 said...

5566 huh... TAN GU GU!!! OVER MY DEAD BODY man!!! hahaha...

Anonymous said...

boohooo you don't wuv me. =(
anyways, thank god you didn't say i was bad at pool. (i find it quite urmm..*ahem*)

jo

Khoo Kah Kiat alias K3 said...

jo... i didnt say woh... i said everytime i go out its always like that one woh... not just you woh...

yangster said...

hay, nice blogs u have....seriously i strongly agree with your views on the sterotypical S'Poreanz. Bukit Timah on a weekend hike sounds great to me, I dun mind walk the extra mile with U, exploring the little mole we have here.. btw, the outing was fantastical...absolutely dude..
chillz...
"BMW"

emoboy said...

Hey! agree with u, but it really isnt fair to compare...
We're juz a puny little island after all. Life tends to be more urban.

Most of the time, peoples' mentalities are subconsciously moulded by their surroundings as well. How adventurous can one be after spending so many years in an urban jungle?? Normal la

Yet there are places where u can engage in activities that are more adventurous, exciting, and in touched with nature. Its getting the group there thats difficult...

Since you got good company, then take the initiative, make the 1st move. Try organising, betca soon things will be diff.

Khoo Kah Kiat alias K3 said...

hahaha... eh adrian, lai... i jio you go jogging at macritchie... on bo? *hears adrian whining in the background* "dunch wan la, exercise very shiong leh" hahaha... arsehole that time jio u run reservoir u jog halfway only!!! still owe me half a round!!! pay me back!!! and yea, weiyang, thanks for the compliment, its not really surprising though, cos' its my blog and damn i'm a good writer... muahaha...