Tuesday, March 15, 2005

RUNNING EMPTY

It has been a really tiring week gone past. A rushed project that culminated in me forgoing sunday soccer and a marketing presentation that just ended today. Finally can catch my breath? For now yeah, but come the next few days I'm gonna have to pick up the pace again. What's new? Another fresh new round of assignment deadlines. This time round it includes a whooping 5,000 words report on international marketing. Kickass...

To look on the bright side of things, more work is good. Work numb the senses. Jogging numb the senses. Soccer with my buddies numb the senses. Burning rubber down the highway numb the senses. Emotional therapy the way I like it. I have kinda gotten hooked on it already. Call me an escapist even houdini would be proud of. And I'm loving every minute of it, or am I not? At least it helps me forget what a heartache really feels like... for the first time.

Don't be mistaken though. I'm not feeling sore. I'm just ruing over what could have been a dream come true, at least that's what I see. I really thought the long search is over, that I had found THE one, someone whom you know you just have an instant connection to. Potential soulmate, IF there is ever one. I tried in my own little ways to prove myself even though I knew the odds are stacked firmly against me. I also happen to know that it takes 2 hands to clap. But I just had to do it. Life is too short for regrets. I would kick myself in the teeth hard if I let this chance go begging past. I'd swear even if I were to do it over again, I would gladly go through everything without whine or whimper.

Going to school and putting on a false front is hard. But I can handle it. Oscars should give me an award.

No comments: