Saturday, August 20, 2005

THE MORE THE MERRIER?

Come to think of it, I didn't do well enough to earn my degree with distinction. But after seeing half, or almost more than half the class graduate with the honour, I am thinking to myself: "Too many people got liao, spoil the exclusivity of the namesake... like any Tom, Dick or Harry can also get like that." To a certain extent, its true. Even some of the people whom I have seen their work attitude sucked big time that I don't know how the hell they managed to achieve it. So much so that it has become quite... worthless, to be honest.

Actually, the truth is I cannot make it lah. Simply can't be bothered to put in the extra effort until the last few semesters when it is all too late. Now I'm having a serious case of sour grapes. Haha...

What they should do to maintain the credibility of the degree with distinction is to employ what else but the bell curve. There should at least be some form of control mah. I'm not saying the others do not deserve it but they must ensure only the top tier of the student intake can make the grade so that there is competition to constantly push for higher grades. If not, once you slack off after hitting the point quota, then it makes no sense to award everyone with the accolade (assuming if everyone can do it). It will make the degree look bad, it will make the university awarding it look bad and ultimately, it will make us look bad. Make sense right?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

*cough cough*
sour grapes!
haha, ho-kai, i get your point lah.

jo

Khoo Kah Kiat alias K3 said...

Damnit jo! show the man some respect! hahahaha....