Monday, January 24, 2005

THE LONGEST DAY...

Its been a week since my last posting. Nothing's been up except that its been a really hectic long weekend. Yeah, busy with the assignments that were backlogged since coming back from the study trip to melbourne. Never really touched them until the past week or so.

Today was like, the longest day ever, trying to rush the remainder of the reports before the deadline just hours ago. I had initially wanted to stay up throughout the night, but I guess my tired body was failing me terribly. Finally succumbed to the comfort of my bed at 2:30am with quite a fair bit of stuff yet to be done. It was not until 6:30am before I woke up to the calls of my mum who found me sleeping at the awkward position of plonking half my body on the bed and the lower half sprawled all over my chair. You could almost guess what I'm trying to pull off then, hahaha... trying to sneak in a few minutes of sleep here and there to battle the fatigue that is slowly but surely creeping in. I gave up the fight after a few rounds, how pathetic... My weakness was cruelly exposed. I admit, no matter how hard I try to resist lying on the bed to 'tay tay' for just a few minutes, somehow it would just stretch to half an hour, an hour, 3 hours... goner... the morning sun would bake my big fat ass before I even know it.

Anyway, here's an except from the resume I could have written for a quick laugh, but for the assignment proper itself... so I'm posting it here instead... hehe...

REVELANT SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE

Communication/Interpersonal Skills
  • Successfully bargained for tuition rates with many a price-haggling housewives. Displayed commendable efforts in the face of unreasonable demands from stingy aunties trying means and ways to cut my throat. Able to stand my ground and resolute in decision making. Purple heart medal seriously recommended for acts of bravery.

  • Excellent in coaxing primary school kids into doing their school work. Will tolerate as much shit as I can take for the day. When all else fails, will raise voice, bang tables and threaten to squeal on them about their devil-may-care attitude during my class. However, never ever one to resort to acts of violence. Benevolent in nature.

  • Displayed organizational ability in organizing weekly soccer sessions with the gang. Is one who takes the initiative and assumes responsibility in making sure everyone knows of the time and place to be at. Showed traces of leadership qualities.
So how's it? Had a good laugh? or not funny at all? (-_-") Anyway, still got lecture tomorrow morning... just now haven't slept enough leh... *yawnnn* Till then...

No comments: