Saturday, January 08, 2005

WELCOME TO THE JUNGLE

It just seemed like a chore getting up for lectures every morning just to hear some lecturers ramble on and on at the endless slides and getting my money's worth(?). Yeah, you heard it... a whopping $200+ for 3 hours of mental torture, that is how expensive lectures at SIM can get. If you think skipping classes for a day or two won't kill you (pardon the pun), think about how that sum of money can help the victims of the tsunami disaster. Heck, I would rather skip lessons for a week and ask SIM to donate the money loh... not as if the visiting lecturers were helping much anyway. They just come for a week, pat their bottoms, collect their pay and go back to australia man... at least that is what I think they do lah, haha... The only respite from all the boredom is meeting up with my coursemates whom I had a great time at melbourne with, and a certain S (Hi there! if you are reading this! haha...), a fellow coursemate whom I got acquainted with not long ago. They make life a lot better than what I often make it out to be. And this being the last semester, I will definitely cherish whatever time that is left. There are things yet to be done and there are things that have to be done. Speaking of which, I have to push myself a bit more for this semester because I have yet to earn enough credit points to get my degree with distinction. Not that I really care for it, nor does it place me and my other coursemates in good stead for the competitive job market out there, but I would see it more as a personal achievement.

Anyway, back to my mundane life... I just blew $280 on a stylo milo black Nolan flip up helmet and a lousy looking $35 piece of plastic that is my bike's custom fender. But believe me, it looks nice leh... oh yeah, a word of appreciation to Senior Minister Goh Chok Tong for the ERS shares... kum siah leh... that $500 came in very handy indeed. hahaha...

Alrighty, that's enough for the night I guess... still have work to do... me, myself, work... and a glass of bailey's for company... siighhh... signing off... =(

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi there! Haha... you finally wrote after receiving a complain from your "fan" huh.. Hahahaha... =D

Anonymous said...

^ bleah am i that fan?

" oh yeah, a word of appreciation to Senior Minister Goh Chok Tong for the ERS shares... kum siah leh... that $500 came in very handy indeed. hahaha..."

heh, i laughed really hard at the comp for a while at that. i reckon my family think i am nuts, but the again, they have been with me for like a good 20 years or so. anyway.

jo

Khoo Kah Kiat alias K3 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Khoo Kah Kiat alias K3 said...

yup... finally caved in to the demands of my loyal 'fans'... hahaha... see there's another one! hi jo!!! umm... was that para. really that funny meh? or was it the way i write? haha... anyway, you wrote about your family sticking with you for a good 20+ years and i think that was pretty sweet of you... just remember that when you think the whole world is lost on you, there's always your family whom you can turn to anytime, anywhere... I don't think anyone can disagree on that yeah?