Monday, January 17, 2005

THE NIGHT OF GLORY FOR THE LIONS!!! FORZA SINGAPURA!!!


T' was a night to remember. Singapore finally won some decent competition on home soil for the first time ever. Never mind the aimless long balls that were pumped from the defence to feed Agu and Indra, never mind the lack of creativity in Singapore's attacking play, and never mind the boringness of it all. Just like what minnows Greece did in Euro 2004, our Singapore Lions did it in Tiger Cup 2004. All hail Raddy Avramovic and his men!!! If ugly football is the only way to win things, then let it be. Fanciful stuffs count for nothing if they can't win you trophies anyway. Praise raddy and his tactical acumen, for it stifle the life out of the Indonesians' play. And let us not forget the MILLIONS, oops... for a moment I thought I was the Rock... okay 55,000 diehard fans out there! You answered the call when the Lions need you most! And you did not disappoint at all! Hurrah!!!

Anyway, the atmosphere at National Stadium on that day was electrifying, it kinda makes your hair stand on ends... I shouted our lungs out and my voice is still feeling hoarse now... I cheered everytime Singapore went on the attack and I also jeered everytime the Indonesian players touched the ball or the referee made some really bad calls, all in the name of football. Football is an emotional game they say, and I almost choked on tears of joy when Singapore finally won the cup. Women can't understand why we guys lurrrvee our football just like the way we can't understand why they lurrrve their shopping sprees... hahaha... am I right on that?

4 comments:

Arell-Chan said...

No you are WRONG!!!! I understand why men are just crazy over football coz I LURVE FOOTBALL TOO!! xD (Just that I'm not exactly pro-Lions... *ooops*)

And yes I love shopping sprees too... but not shopping for clothes! But for anime merchandise and games.. muahahaa. =X

-Yanming

Anonymous said...

bleah i can understand why men love football, i just don't get why they love golf, or in this case, why my bf loves golf (don't tell him!). he was there at the national stadium watching the match too, but urmm like you, he was a traitor who donned on a white top. tsk tsk

jo

p.s i don't like shopping, especially when crowds are involved. i normally just buy my stuff when i have to and go. haha but then again, i'm not really a girl now, so says rapper boy (in love).

Khoo Kah Kiat alias K3 said...

presenting... 2 out-of-the-ordinary girls... haha... anyway, yanming you seem to have gotten for urself quite a few new toys eh? never share also... sell fish... and jo? don't blame ur bf lah... he is just as skeptical abt singapore's success as i am mah... thats why wearing white is not a crime... cos we dun have to take off our clothes when singapore loses mah... haha

Arell-Chan said...

Eh... how you want me to share sia >_> tear apart my cpu and give you my graphics card ah? xD but yeshhhh my new toys... =D~~ *drool drool* Gonna lug my tripod around on friday and take photos XD