Friday, August 11, 2006

Dad's birthday dinner (12th Aug)

Sis and I treated Dad and the rest of the family to a feast at Jumbo in Clarke Quay.

We spent like close to $400 bucks on it... every imaginable seafood delicacy was on the table for us to feast on, but the killer was the lobster at $120... my eyes nearly popped outta my sockets, but lucky my sis (not that biatch younger sister) was there to split the cost... *Phew!* Everyday like that cannot tahan man... hahaha...

Earlier on, we had wanted to catch the fireworks while having our dinner. Initially was to have it either at one of the restaurants in One Fullerton or the Esplanade, but it was fully booked... much to our disappointment. We then contemplated having at east coast or the indoor stadium but nobody was sure we could have a view of the fireworks on display at Marina bay. But then again, it didn't matter much, we settled for somewhere near our workplace and tried our luck on whether we could sneak or glimpse or two. In the end, it didn't work out cos' of the damn high rise buildings!!!

After stuffing our faces full, well for me was ok cos' I don't take seafood much but got improvement ok! Got eat prawn and abit of crabs and lobsters hor!!! But I must still maintain they taste quite nasty. It will take like ounces of thick gravy to mask the seafoodish smell before I dare to put it in my mouth!

We then indulge in another sinful round of chocolate fudge cake... OMG, damn fattening can? We sang the customary birthday song with my dad together, and then before he blew out the candles, he was asked to make a wish. Already sort of expecting such an answer, my dad said: "Mia lit huat 4D arrhh!!! (tomorrow strike 4D)" before this grin start to appear on his face. -_-" I nearly pengz, one pattern one my laopeh!!! So predicatable!!! kaozzz!!!

No comments: