Thursday, January 05, 2006

ITADAKIMASU!!!

The satisfaction of finally earning your first paycheck. Nothing comes close man, really. Suddenly, you feel empowered. Yes, the newfound powers that you find in your hands, and with great powers comes great responsibility... not to overspend. *sian jit puah look*

There are so many goddamnit stuffs I wanna buy!!! But I'm saddled by the debt from my study loan which I hope to clear as soon as possible, so I had to set aside like close to 40% of my pay to pay up the dues. Must have discipline! But the lure from the PS2s, PSPs, ipod nanos, braun buffels and samsonites are proving too hard to resist. And not to mention, if I were to finally passed my 2A, I would die die wanna upgrade to super 4 spec III. Wah liew... I think I need to moonlight as bouncer at Ministry of Sound or sell backside at geylang already. Hahahaha...

Anyway, finally treated my dysfunctional family to dinner at Jumbo East Coast tonight. Bloody feast it was, I asked them not to be shy as laoban (me) is giving treat for the first time. They didn't order crab initially, then I jit tao shoot them.

Me: "Eh, we come so far to east coast eat seafood, then you didn't order their famous sri lankan crab, might as well go back our kopitiam order zichar lah! same what! don't be crazy leh! Order lah!!! Aduh!"

Everyone at table stunned a while, then started to order crabs... -_-"

Like limpeh cannot afford like that! "怕什么??老子有的是钱!!!哇哈哈哈!!!"

And then, there was still some more food left on the table. Seeing that nobody wanted to make a move to finish up the food, I remarked...

Me: "Wah lau, never finish up the food means don't give limpeh 面子 leh! I first time treat you all lidat, win already loh!"

Then when they 乖乖 eat already I said...

Me: "Better savour your food slowly, cos' the next time I treat might be 10 years down the road..."

Mom: "Wah, how come leh?"

Me: "Joking lar... you think I am so kiam siap meh??? WAHAHAHA!!!"

Everyone laughs heartily. Muahahaha...

By the way, I had lunch with bob, doong and daniu today. Who was to think that many years down the road, so many of us would work together in the same shenton way area today? It certainly had an awkward but nice feel to it because we were perhaps unaccustomed to seeing each other in prim and proper office wear, but the fact we are holding decent jobs and earning our own keep is something to be proud of.

Mmmkay, weekends are almost here... bear with it peeps!!!

1 comment:

Ashlee Dyer said...

Very thougghtful blog