Friday, February 11, 2005

GONG XI FA CAI !!! LONG ZHONG HUAT AH !!!

Here comes the time of the year again... nibbling on bak kwas, love letters, pineapple tarts and basically everything that you can lay your hands on. And of course, the people. Ah yes, poor you will be subjected to endless rounds of interrogation by kaypoh aunties and uncles probing into your otherwise private life. Not that asking is a crime, but asking too much for my own good, or asking for the sake of asking gets me very much on my nerves. Haha... being the shy me, I acted in my own diplomatic way to skillfully evade whatever 'sensitive' questions that were thrown at me ala the matrix. And then, they would pepper me with praises like: "wahh... ah kiat chin kwai ah.." or "wahhh... ah kiat lang chin ho ah..." and I'll be like: "what the..." (-__-") Not that they are telling lies, but still I will be very paiseh one mah... haha! Ehh, Auntie/Uncle 杀手不是浪得虚名 one ok? hahaha...

Anyway, woke up super late at noon on the first day of chinese new year because have been out with S to chinatown the night before to 'kweh sio' with people... hehe... C'mon, everybody shout 'SIO TSUI AH!' The place was crammed beyond imagination. To say packed like sardines is an understatement really. The last time I went there during cny was dunno how many years ago and it certainly was quite an experience, even though I don't really like squeezing with people. Ehhh... sometimes you have to squeeze with people to get into the festive mood right? haha... Didn't met anyone familiar except for my tuition kid with his family in tow, had a few exchanges before we went back into snaking our way through the throng of people.

The chinese new year this year was nothing new really. Eat, talk, played blackjack with my cousins, watch tv... blah blah blah... it just goes on and on. But one thing's new though, scanning through business database in search of articles to finish up my journal reports instead of nua-ing at my ah ma's house or going out with my friends. Sad way to start the new year eh? hahaha... bo pian leh... assignment deadline coming up on the 16th feb... what to do? =(

And yeah, the ang pow money this year considered not too bad by my standards, cos' got one very big hearted relative gave me $80 but I dunno who... I must be doing something right here... cos my good-for-nothing sister got the usual amount of money in her ang pows... ha-ha! Serves her right! O' praise the heavens above! You do know how to tell between the good(me), the bad(my sister) and the ugly(my sister... again!).

Once again, here's wishing you all a happy chinese new year! and may everyone *HUAT AH!* in the year of the rooster!!! my year!!! haha...

No comments: