Friday, February 18, 2005

WHY DOES IT ALWAYS RAIN ON ME? =(

Got caught in the blardy rain today as I was going for tuition. Wanted to continue along the expressway till there's no rain cos' the skies over at the east side don't look so gloomy to me. I was dead wrong. I finally decided to take shelter under the flyover near lornie road exit. Was contemplating staying there for a while longer but the skies doesn't look like its gonna clear up anytime soon, and so I had to put on my rainjacket and brave the elements. Cos' my stylo milo nike jacket cannot make the cut. Nice to look at and that's all to it. Hahaha... eh wait, the nike jacket is a windbreaker right? Ooohh... now I see... hahaha... I'm so sorry mr. nike windbreaker...

It hasn't exactly been the nicest of past few days. Yesterday, I lost in the semis and in the 3rd/4th placing of the soccer tournament. I thought I played a great game and gave it my all. Most telling moment was when I stole the ball from midfield and dribbled down the flank before squaring for Wyi Teck to blast home the equaliser against one of the strongest team in our group. Man, I was ecstatic. The crowd outside the pitch was screaming with approval. I punched my fist in the air and rallied on my teammates. I thought we were destined to win back the title which we so reluctantly relinquish last semester because of unforeseen circumstances. But I was to be disappointed in the end, and also with the commitment of a few in my team. But no name blaming here. Maybe they were really lethargic, but I really cannot see the passion... the fire... the desire to win since this was our last chance of winning the title again before graduation. Ah wells, you win some you lose some... you can't have everything go your way everytime. Not even as a perfect birthday present to me on that day.

Speaking of which, I would like to thank everyone who still remembered it was my birthday yesterday on the 17th. In no particular order, they're angeline (thanks for the bath brush... very shiok haha!), wyi teck (I ain't no white chick dude!), weisen (yeah my bday's the same as michael jordan's!), wynnie, liumin, s, alex (not anytime soon dude... =\ ), magdelene (I'm not... ok!!!), james, pamela, kwansiang, lam and my best buds: chink egg, doong, bob, jizheng, heng, ah hui... hmm did I leave anyone out? No right? If I did, my sincerest apologies ok?

Oh yah yesterday after soccer I pia-ed down from west end of singapore (NTU) to east end (Changi Airport), across the entire stretch of PIE just to send my 14 yr old friend off to germany, albeit for less than 6 months only. hahaha... red carpet treatment man... neh neh!! on my birthday somemore! I dragged my weary body and sacrifice going out just to send him off... haha... good friend huh... =P The bugger didn't cry as he had initially said, but I succeeded in making huili cry when the bunch of us saw the plane took off from the viewing gallery. Hahaha... wicked aiightt... my rendition of jacky cheung's "祝福" was moving enough for her to shed a few tears... am I evil or what?

No comments: