Friday, September 02, 2005

THE SHOE THIEF STRIKES THREE!

I was about to go jogging when I realised I can't find my jogging shoes at all. I searched high and low for it, and that's when I knew it was gone. Yes, the bloody hardup shoe thief struck for the 3rd time in like, a year. He/she's been getting quite a reputation ain't it? AND TO THINK MY PARENTS STILL HAVE NOT LEARNT THEIR LESSONS YET! Whatever happened to the saying that goes "once bitten, twice shy??!"

Still they insist on leaving the 'old and dirty' shoes outside. And I have to constantly remind them that the godamnit thief is still out at large and will resort to stealing even shoes that smell like dead fish to him/her. So put all the shoes save the slippers inside, I told them. It doesn't require much effort anyway. They just won't listen, do they? And I had to dump all the shoes inside the house myself but every now and then, I would forgot all about it and then, it HAD to happen on the day itself. Friggin' pissed.

And my dad recently came up with something quite ridiculous. He actually only take one half of the shoes to put inside the house, and his logic was that the thief wouldn't want to take only one shoe. I was like "wtf?!" Right, and I suppose he can read the thief's mind and assume that he wouldn't steal it out of pure mischief in retaliation? Basically, he's just leaving a chance for the thief to inflict more misery upon us and I TOTALLY couldn't see where my dad's coming from. Needless to say, I didn't argue much. I just trashed every single shoe into the house, leaving nothing to chance.

I believe in karma. What goes around, comes around.

And to this f***ing thief, just don't let me catch you in the act when I come home late. I'll be sure to beat the crap outta him before turning him over to the police.

No comments: