Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Fear Factor

Today's interview must be the most intimidating ever. 4 persons lined up before me in a conference room setting. My heart was at my throat as I struggled to compose myself before them. Never did I expect so many people to interview me, at least not for the first round you see?

After an initial period of uneasiness and nervous pitch, I had more or less settled down well enough to hold a seamless conversation. As usual, I thought I had carried myself pretty well and that I was convincing enough to make them think I am the right man for the job. Every question they ask, every scenario they seek my response on, I had a more than satisfactory reply to them. But then again, it might be just wishful thinking on my part lah.

The most interesting part of the conversation was when one of the interviewers (a Japanese man) suddenly asked me in Jap accented english whether do I drink beer or not. "Of course..." I said. "No problem at all" "Aaahh! weehry guud!" He replied. After which, the panel of interviewers broke into guffaws. Hahaha damn funny lor, I presumed they asked because there will be alot of entertaining clients involved and of course ask me drink no problem lah, bring it on man!!!

After the interview, I met Sis for lunch because they also happen to work in Singapore Land Tower. I popped by their office to take a look as it has been ages since I last worked there as a receptionist before my NS days. Now that they have shifted to this new location and the office space has seemed to shrink by quite a bit. We had lunch at Sakae Sushi at her expense, hahaha... (nevermind she said, IF I get the job I can treat her to lunch everyday. I was like ... -_-") And today I realised the Ebi Tempura doesn't really taste like prawn at all. Hmm... can slowly grow to like it.

No comments: