Friday, May 06, 2005

I'M A BUSY LITTLE BEE... Fwahlalala... *gay voice*

Really busy day today. Woke up early to play soccer with the usual sunday soccer gang on a friday because some of them are going to taiwan for holidays. Had to leave slightly earlier because there's a briefing and DPP2 interview workshop in the afternoon, but not before I had to pay a visit to the bike workshop to get my side stand fixed.

Speaking of which, the night before just as I was getting to start my bike I discovered my side stand was bent and with further probes, the whole thing came off! I was like: "wtf?!" The bike actually went crashing down on the super4 parked beside it. It landed comfortably there on its handlebar without a scratch or anything but I can't say the same for the super4 because I couldn't see anything at night. But seriously, I don't think anything was scratched either lah. *uneasily looks over shoulder* So in the end, I had to park the bike under my void deck leaned against the structural columns for the night.

The sky was looking very very dark when I was reaching home after a quick lunch with the dudes. I contemplated against riding in the heavy rain but then again I realised I had to go for tuition afterwards and it is seriously very inconvenient for me, not withstanding the fact that I almost couldn't possibly reach in time. It was one helluva experience I tell ya. Rain drops pelted me all over and it hurts like hell when stones rained on you. No kiddin' man. My raincoat also sucked. DON'T ever buy PROGRIP raincoats, to whoever is a rider out there. I suited up properly like a mummy but still water could stream in. What the hell man!? My $280 Nolan helmet also could not withstand the onslaught of rain. My head was quite soaked man. Whenever I had to open the visor to let in air to clear up the fog building in my helmet, the rain was just pouring in.

Oh yeah, tell me about pouring... I also lost count of the number of times I kenna splashed all over by the cars driving past me. Now I know when I'm riding in the rain next time, steer clear of riding beside a car as much as possible. You'll never know what hit you. I reached school literally soaked man. I squeezed my socks dry and just slipped my bare naked feet into the squishy hush puppies. Ah... feels like Army days ain't it? marching in rain soaked combat boots, foot rot, hideous smell and all... hahaha...

After the workshop ended, some of the guys went out for dinner but I can't join them cos' I had tuition with the nightmarish kid. He's having exams now and I can't abandon him just like that. In some ways, I think he and I are quite alike. Smart but very the yaya papaya, or brilliant in our own ways. You can call it as having the 小聪明... Complacency is always my downfall, as well as his. So its more pep talks for him rather than drilling him with heaps of exam questions.

Wow, I've just finished describing my day to you. Damn long. How was yours?

No comments: