Monday, May 23, 2005

TO INFINITY AND BEYOND

Another 3 more days and I'm leaving for Shanghai on an internship program. Leaving this thursday to be exact. And the UEFA champions league final between my favourite team Liverpool FC and AC Milan is showing at around 3 in the morning before I'm due to fly off in a few hours. Wah... jialat... I don't think I will be having much sleep. No way am I gonna give up the chance to catch my beloved team in action. I mean, how many times do you see Liverpool playing in a champions league final?

Hmm... less than half a year after coming back from melbourne, I'm flying off again. This time for 2 months. Talk about being a well-travelled person. Haha... You can add Shanghai to the list of places I've been to. I really have to thank uncle Jerry for the opportunity presented to me, and not to mention the amount of assistance he's given me. I really cannot thank him enough. And when my peers are frantically looking for jobs locally, I will hope to take this time to broaden my perspectives by engaging in fruitful learning in the realities of the business world. So that when I apply for that next job, I will be in a better position to snag it ahead of others. Of course, I will also aim to do my best as an intern because I'm not ruling out joining the company IF they offer me a position.

MSN nick of the moment: "fear of the unknown is what impedes one from opening the next chapter of their lives..." Are you bound by what's beyond the great unknown? Do you fear change? Will you be able to embrace change and accept the good and the bad that comes along with it? Or do you prefer to live in the past, stay in your own tiny buffered world and wallow in self pity? Afterall, its YOUR choice.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Monkeygod to all:
Run foolish mortals.. Run from what u fear n live in darkness. Fear what u cannot fathom and hide in the shadows of others. Be strangled by your own inability to achieve and hate those high performers. Wallow in self pity and play along with idiots of a lower standard.

If we realli behave as abovementioned, we might all as well jump off UOB now. Charge on, fearless Kiat! I have faith in your ability, enjoy the power of youth. Fear nothing in the world, cos Youth is EXPLOSIVE!!!

Hope to seeya soon. keep in touch.