Sunday, May 29, 2005

Ooh... I feel like a woman!

Company activity today. Annual visit to this orphanage for kids abandoned by their parents because they were born with physical or intellectual defect. Kinda sad though. Their parents threw them aside just because they were not born normal; it reflects how heartless people can get in today's society. Giving birth is a responsibility and you have to accept how YOUR child turns out, good or bad. Its not like tossing coins to buy toy capsules - if you don't like what you get, you throw it away... just like that. Thats definitely not how things work out.

I just realised today that I have this talent for cradling babies. While my peers are fumbling with theirs, I held mine like a pro. Yes, I mean it. It feels like I've been carrying babies my whole life! hahaha... Take that Doong! I'm MORE FATHERLY than you!!! Hehehe... Anyway, this baby was left behind in the cot while the company staff picked up each of them one by one. She was crying so I went up to her and embrace her in my bosoms *oops* I mean chest. After a while of coochi coochi coo-ing, she stopped crying and soon after, she feel asleep in my arms! *See! I'm good at it!* I tried to put her down after a while but I can't bear to cos' the way she fell asleep snugly in my embrace is just a sight to marvel at. Imagine: the ferocious tackling tough-as-nails no nonsense kiat on the soccer field is a snag and a fatherly figure all rolled into one! Haha! And can you believe it, I held on to her for half an hour before I had to put her down. But the moment her head touched the soft pillow, she awoke to bawl at me for letting her go. She must be so deprived of love...

All of a sudden, the matron passed me a milk bottle and asked me to feed da baby. I was stumped for a while and I told her that I don't really know how to feed one. But she just shoved the bottle into the baby's mouth and rotated it around before asking me to take over... just like that! hahaha... friggin' easy eh? and what's surprising is that the baby is sleeping while drinking the milk... I was amazed... hahaha... Eh you guys think I'm talking cock all the while right? hahaha... neh mind neh mind... wait I finish uploading the online photo albums then show you guys ok? The baby finished up the milk in a few minutes or so and I had to put her back into her cot because we had to leave soon after. Yeah, she cried her lungs out the moment I put her down. It was hard to say goodbye but... but... but... korkor has to go...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

haha so u r a good milk papa, shld considering adopting a kiddo. i mean it. there are some charities where u donate money every month to help keep an orphan alive. jus dat u dun realli become e father, its adoption without realli providing a roof or watsoever, though i think it comes w e option of actually adopting e child when some legal stuff are cleared.

Anonymous said...

hi,

so fun... hmm good fatherhood experience in advance.. ya babies are the best things on earth..

sh